This website page is intended to keep parents and guardians informed of activities conducted by the 819 Royal Canadian Air Cadet Sponsor Committee Society for the 819 Skyhawk Royal Canadian Air Cadet Squadron.
The 819 Royal Canadian Air Cadet Sponsor Committee (SC) is a society that provides funding to support the activities of the local Air Cadet squadron, as requested by the Squadron’s Commanding Officer (CO). The SC can sponsor additional activities and training not covered by the Department of National Defence (DND). The 819 Royal Canadian Air Cadet Sponsor Committee is a Society registered under the BC Society Act and also has charitable status with the Canada Revenue Agency. Its purpose is primarily to facilitate, support, promote and carry out the activities and programs of the Air Cadet League of Canada, and the Air Cadet League of British Columbia, at the local community level and to fund and supply equipment and facilities that are necessary for the program.
Without the Sponsor Committee (SC), activities such as Power Flying, Marksmanship Training, Drill Training, Squadron Cadet Trips and much, much more would not be possible.
819 Sponsor Committee Society Contact Information
*Questions from parents can be directed to Chair Person
Sponsor Committee Chair Person: Kyle Fairfield
819 Royal Canadian Air Cadet Sponsor Committee
Volunteers are most welcome and are critical to the success of our cadet program. If you are interested in volunteering, please speak with the Sponsor Committee Chair or Vice Chair.
- We rely on parent/guardian volunteer drivers for fundraising activities such as Tag Days and Legion Poppy distribution.
- Regular volunteers, including those on Sponsor Committee Board, sub-committees or regularly assisting with activities, are required to undergo registration and security screening, as the safety and security of our cadets always comes first.
- Speak to the SC Chair if you or your company would like to donate funds or goods to the Squadron Sponsor Committee. Income Tax donation receipts may be issued should the donation qualify under Canada Revenue Agency guidelines.
- If your employer participates in the United Way campaign, personal donations can be directed to the Squadron.
- If you volunteer with the Squadron, check if your employer has a volunteer program. Many employers will make a financial contribution to the organization where you volunteer once a certain number of hours has been completed.
New Parent/Guardian Orientation Session
- A new parent/guardian orientation session is held in September each year.